Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  ATTENTION! UPA PHOTO DATABASE---WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Breeding and Genetics     
louden_farms
UPA MEMBER
UPA MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote

With the upcoming 20 year anniversary of the organization, what better way to celebrate than to work together to create a photo database of as many of the varieties as we can?!

This will be a massive undertaking and WE NEED YOUR HELP! We are looking for GOOD quality pictures of males, females and chicks in all colors/patterns. Ideally we would like to have a series of pictures to help visually describe that type.

Cock Bird
*Full Display
*Profile view (not in display)
*Overhead view of wing pattern
Female
*Full body shot
*Profile view
Chick
*Profile view
*Full body shot
*Overhead view of wing pattern

If you would like to contribute to this database we welcome any/all of your high quality resolution pictures!

For reference, here is our list of approved varieties www.peafol.org/varieties If you would like to contribute, please send your picture via email to jen@loudenfarms.com with the variety listed in the subject of your email. ALL pictures submitted will be credited to the person submitting and will be watermarked by the UPA before posting. Remember to only submit photos you have the rights to, ie- your own pictures not ones found online.

I will continue to update this thread as we collect more pictures and complete certain variety collections.

To get the ball rolling I am asking for submissions of INDIA BLUE birds at this time.
We are looking for the following color/pattern combinations in male, female and chick.
    1. India Blue Barred
    2. India Blue Pied
    3. India Blue White-Eyed
    4. India Blue Pied White-Eyed
    5. India Blue Silver Pied
    6. India Blue Black Shoulder
    7. India Blue Black Shoulder Pied
    8. India Blue Black Shoulder White-Eyed
    9. India Blue Black Shoulder Pied White-Eyed
    10. India Blue Black Shoulder Silver Pied
WestKnollAmy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote

I would love to help but I fear my photos are never very good. And mine are less than pleased with my photo taking so not all the shots are of what is needed but I will certainly give it a try!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote

Are you still looking for images? I have a few of our India Blue...
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Breeding and Genetics