Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  Blue Silver Pied Cock to Blue Hen split Silver Pied
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Breeding and Genetics     
jersstevens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote

I have a blue silver pied male and a blue hen split to silver pied and a white hen. I am very new at this and very confused about genetics. Could someone please let me know what chicks I will get. Thanks
Arbor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote

Depending on the genetics of the hen that is split to silver pied.
If she is carrying pied, you will get some silver pied, some pied white eyed, some dark pied white eyed (carrying either one or two copies of the white eyed gene) and some split to pied or white and carrying either one or two copies of the white eyed gene.
If she is carrying white, you will get some silver pied, some pied white eyed, some white white eyed (carrying either one or two copies of the white eyed gene) and some split to pied or white and carrying either one or two copies of the white eyed gene.

from the hen that is white(and presumably not carrying any other colours or patterns) you should get white white-eyed (single copy) and pied white eyed
jersstevens

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote

Thank you. I have study the genetics so much but it just is not clicking for me yet. I finished to of my class in college but I can not understand peacock genetics very well. Go figure.
jersstevens

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote

Sorry I was trying to say "studied"
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Breeding and Genetics