Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  ISAAC dumped a foot of rain into peafowl enclosure
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Housing     
eldragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote

I live on the MS Gulf Coast and it's been raining for almost 3 days, thanks to Hurricane Isaac. My peafowl enclosure includes a nice inside building with an outside area that offers places inside and out for my peafowl pair to roost off the ground.

There is a foot of standing water inside the enclosed building and a lot of water in the outside area, too, with some dry areas there. But it's still raining.

Earlier the birds became separated, the male stayed inside and too afraid to jump into the water and the female stayed outside - calling him - but eventually she just went back into the watery building and is sitting with him there.

What can I do? My property is flooded. If it would stop raining, we'd be looking at a few days, but the rain continues on. Besides just bringing them food and putting it high up for them, and putting their water dish up high, out of the standing water, I'm at a loss. Obviously I can't move them.

Having the peacocks through this hurricane has made the storm even worse to endure. I worried about their safety the whole time.
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Housing