Username:   Password:   

-- All views and opinions expressed in this forum belong to individual UPA members and are not necessarily those of the UPA nor the Board of Directors.--
Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Register
  26 Day Hatch
Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Incubation, Hatching, and Peachick care     
casportpony

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote

On Memorial Day, I put five eggs under a very broody Royal Palm turkey. At about ten days I candled the eggs and tossed the bad one. After reading about some of you with your 26 day hatches, I decided to check mine last Saturday morning and two had pipped. Less than 10 hours later, all four had hatched and were dried and fluffed up.

It hasn't been too warm here yet and the eggs were at least a week old... Maybe it had something to due with the turkey not leaving her nest very often. I only saw her leave the nest twice and each time it was for less than a minute.

-Kathy
Gilroy, CA
  Post new topic   Reply to topic The United Peafowl Association - www.peafowl.org Forum Index » Incubation, Hatching, and Peachick care